Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I operate as an individual.
The people around me operate as individuals.
We come together. I wonder if we do mix.

-


Crystal Castles - Not in Love (ft. Robert Smith from The Cure)

Don't usually listen to music like this but I'm hooked after playing it a few times. I think it's this weird experimental mix along with the repetition of the lines "I'm not in love", "We are not in love".

How do I put it? It's an interesting mix of sounds with such lyrics. When they repeat those lines, you know the person is trying so hard to convince himself of it. You'll find yourself nodding to the music, the precise action you find people doing when they want to get away from some kind of reality (eg. after consuming drugs). Shaking them thoughts away, getting drowned in the music, dancing in a crowd of people you don't know.

- not saying I can relate to all of it -

I love the repetition of lyrics (in any song).

No comments: